Executive Assistant (part-time)
We need someone motivated, flexible and well-organised, with a problem-solving approach and the ability to multi-task.
You will be the first point of contact for Free Tibet supporters and members of the public. You will be responsible for general administration, ensuring the smooth running of the office and assisting with events and supporter communications. You will support the Director of Free Tibet (who is also Director of our research partner, Tibet Watch), as well as the Free Tibet Executive Committee and the Tibet Watch Board of Trustees. This is a challenging but varied role which will suit someone who enjoys working across different areas and is able to manage competing priorities.
The essential requirements for this job include:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, including a good eye for detail.
- Experience of working in a relevant field e.g. administration or project management.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to represent Free Tibet at meetings, in liaison with suppliers and at supporter events.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to take initiative and problem solve as required.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Flexible and adaptable approach and the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Commitment to Free Tibet’s mission.
Download the JOB INFORMATION PACK
Volunteering Opportunity: Fundraising Volunteer
Free Tibet is seeking a Fundraising Volunteer to help manage our supporter database and merchandise fulfilment. Previous fundraising or database experience is desirable but not essential. We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of two days a week (over a 3 month period), who is able to work independently and who has keen attention to detail. The Fundraising Volunteer will form an essential part of the fundraising team, assisting in the inputting and selection of data from our supporter database and other related duties. The volunteer will also be involved with supporting merchandise fulfilment for the Free Tibet online shop. There will be opportunities to get involved in other areas of fundraising (e.g. dealing with supporter queries, drafting copy, research and events) and this role will provide a valuable insight into the running of a small not-for-profit organisation.
The Volunteer’s primary tasks will include:
- Database administration: Inputting new donations, subscriptions, memberships, returned mail, cancellations and change of details onto the database.
- Supporter services: Assisting the fundraising team by responding to supporter queries; preparing Welcome Packs for new supporters and sending correspondence to members and supporters regarding Direct Debits, memberships, donations and any other relevant mail.
- Merchandise: Fulfilling merchandise orders; processing orders on the ‘Shopify’ online store; and assisting with stock checking.
- General administrative support: Our volunteers may be required to perform general administrative tasks relevant to the smooth running of the office.
- Other: There may be opportunities to draft copy for the website, magazine and catalogue; assisting the Fundraising Officer with merchandise purchasing and marketing; involvement in meetings and Free Tibet events.
Please email your CV and cover letter (maximum one page) explaining why you would like to volunteer with us to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st 2018.
We are looking for somebody who is available to volunteer two days per week for a minimum period of three months. Free Tibet will provide a stipend of £8.50 per day.
We are seeking new Board members
Free Tibet is a London-based non-profit, non-governmental organisation that campaigns for Tibetans' right to freedom. We mobilise active support for the Tibetan cause, champion human rights and tell the world about China's on-going occupation. We are entirely funded by our supporters.
We are seeking experienced individuals to join our board (Executive Committee). As a member of the board you will help shape Free Tibet's strategy, policies and future development. In addition you will contribute meaningfully to the board's legal and management responsibilities which include ensuring our financial sustainability and providing oversight and support of our Chief Executive in running the campaign and organisation.
The board is seeking dedicated individuals with expertise in the areas of fundraising, campaigning and media who are prepared to contribute their time and talent in support of Free Tibet and the wider campaign for Tibetan rights and freedom.
The board meets a minimum of four evenings per year in London, as well as communicating and making decisions via email when required. Applicants should be prepared to assume occasional additional duties to help the campaign and its future development. Membership of the board is a voluntary position, without expenses.
How to apply: please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com